Saturday, October 1, 2011

What are the list of foods that hamsters eat other than food pellets?

I am getting a hamster today and I would like to know the foods that they like to eat other than normal hamster food. The catagories is : Fruits, vegetables, and nuts. As in, what fruits, vegetables, and nuts can hamsters eat?|||Hamster Approved Foods: **


Alfalfa


Apple (No seeds) *


Banana *


Broccoli


Cantaloupe


Carrot *


Cashews


Cauliflower


Celery


Cheerios


Cherries *


Chestnuts


Corn *


Cottage Cheese


Crickets


Cucumber


Dandelion Leaves


Grapes *


Green Beans


Hay


Mango *


Mealworms


Peach


Peas


Peanuts


Pear *


Pistacios


Pumpkin


Raisins *


Raspberries


Raspberry Leaves


Spinach


Strawberries


Sunflower Seeds


Turnip


Walnuts


Water Chestnuts


Yam *


Zucchini





* = High sugar content. Feed very sparingly to dwarf hamsters.|||I feed my hamster all this stuff and he lived for 7 years when they only live about 3 years

Report Abuse


|||I feed my hamster a lot of this stuff. He hasn't lived his first year yet, but he is very healthy. He loves it. I also gave him some small peices of chicken. He loved it! Also, I noticed that this is in alphabetical order. You should name your source.

Report Abuse


|||I feed this to my hamsters all the time! They are very healthy and active. I reccommend feed this to your hamsters. I have to Russian Dwarf Hamsters. What do you mean by feeding very sparingly?

Report Abuse


|||they love sun flower seeds, get the ones WITH the shells, they eat raisins i know, apple peices, dried fruit, pear peices um...and my cousins hamster eats turkey...now he's a meat lover, omg...thats scary|||hamster chocolate [sold in pet stores]


apple slices


potato


lettuce


celery


carrots


grapes|||Hamsters avesly eat hamster food|||most of what is suggested is right:


NO citrus, no cooked veggies, no iceberg lettuce or celery -too watery, no nutrients, %26amp; can cause diarrea. limit watery veggies and fruits to very small pieces - watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes. nuts - any kind but limit them because they are fattening and too much oil isnt good for them %26amp; can cause scratching-this includes sunflowers seeds. once a day is good - half a baby carrot or half your thumb size for portions. or split it into twice a day.|||well don't give sugar or any thing like that. give him :pecans,unsalted sunflower seeds,carrots,apples,oranges,lettuce,cuc… ect.


NEVER GIVE YUR HAMSTER MEAT UNLESS U WANT HIM 2 EAT YUR FINGERS!!!!|||carrots, sunflower seeds, (NOT the kind humans eat...get them from a good pet store), hard boiled eggs, broccoli, Pea Flakes, Grass Pellets, Toasted Maize Flakes, Toasted Soya Flakes, Peanuts, Dries Banana Flakes, unsalted, unsweetened, popcorn or hazel nut, almond, pecan, sultana or currant.|||fruits- strawberries, blueberries, banana, orange


veggies- cabbage, carrot


nuts- walnuts


there are plenty more foods that hamsters can eat, these are just the ones I am perfeectly sure will not harm hamsters.|||I have 3 hamsters myself anyhow. when I have a question I go to this website...http://www.petwebsite.com/feeding.htm


click on what you want to read.|||most nuts, vegitibles, and seeds(un roasted and unsalted)

No comments:

Post a Comment