Saturday, October 1, 2011

What kind of dog food is good for tiny puppies?

We've been giving my puppy the same food ever since we got her (Royal Canine) so it wouldn't hurt her belly but she doesn't seem to care for it anymore. She likes soft food but not to soft to get all in her fur. What kind of food wouldn't make her sick and she would want to eat it and be good for her too?? Please help! |||Try California Natural or Wellness. Purina, Ol'Roy, Science Diet, Iams, Eukanuba were in the most lethal recalls of pet food history in March of 2007! I would stay away from those. Get something that is grain free and no by products. The ones that I named have Corn and by products as their 1st ingredient. Too many and by the time they get to chicken or any meat, there isn't enough protein for it to be good.





You can also try:


Solid Gold


Wellness


Innova


Innova Evo


Calif. Natural


Timberwolf|||Wellness puppy food.


^^ healthy brand.|||Keep feeding it to her. Don't give her anything else, except a treat for training. Changing puppy food isn't necessarily good for puppies.|||Anything Ol' Roy is great! I have had three dogs and all of them love


Ol' Roy. Best of luck!!|||my puppy eats pro plan puppy small breed.


my cats like the halo's spot's stew. maybe that too. that one is natural.


for my puppy we mix soft and dry food. and some water so it doesnt make her tummy upset or her to be "clogged"|||eukanuba is the best i think|||Maybe she is teething and her gums are sore. Try soaking her regular dry food in warm water so it is soft. If that doesn't work try canned puppy food.|||Canned food or Puppy chow. I used to have an extremely small rat terrier pup but she was dying so we gave her to the vet. I have a rat terrier who's almost one now and she JUST moved up to dog chow, because my mastiff needs large food. Just remember though, Im good at answering horse questions, so this may not be a real good answer. This is just what I do.|||If you're puppy is really small, you might want to go to the pet store and see what they have. I don't know where you live, so i cant recommend anywhere that you could go to.





I would go for the real dog food, not leftovers. Most dog food is soft, and dogs love to eat it. Just make sure you get one without large chunks in them.





Avoid food with grains in them.





You could also try normal dog food softened down by being soaked in water. If this doesn't work, do as i said earlier and go to a pet store to buy the right type of food, depending on her age.





Hope this helps!!|||Iams Puppy Chow is the best, maybe put some watter in it to soften it up. It comes in a yellow bag. It is a little more expensive then most, like $5 more, but its worth it. We raised 11 Labs on it.|||kibbles 'n' bits


my pups eating it rite now:)|||Hill's Science Diet-my 2 love it. Or you could try Purina Puppy Chow. I would stay away from Mighty Dog--it's too rich. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment