Saturday, October 1, 2011

What is the most unusual food you have ever eaten?

I have eaten some unusual foods such as zebra (which tasted very strong), shark (not very nice), kangaroo (nice and tender) but probably the most unusual food I have eaten is gannet. These sea birds are caught, de-feathered and salted. They look a bit like a dirty dishcloth and smell really bad when cooking but they taste OK.





So, what unusual food have you eaten and what did it taste like?|||At a barbeque in Kenya, we had zebra, hippo, crocodile, implala, ostrich, snake, barracuda, sailfish....and in Egypt, we had chargrilled scorpion.|||kalamari.|||snails were slimy and horrid i kept reminding myself what i eat that i eventually was sick !!!!|||metal|||Aloe vera worms. When they yank out the aloe vera, under, there are a lot of worms. Well, I took them home, put them on a frying pan, and let them fry. Then, I took a tortilla and ate them in a taco. Yummy!!!|||mini snails in there shell flavoured with lemon and you pick them out with a tooth pic, its ok


Also: there is an iraqi dish which consists of


sheep brain puree, sheep cheeks, sheep tounge, sheep foot and other parts cooked in a way that makes the meat like gelatine|||I don't eat 'unusual food' ;-)|||Windolene.


It was so pink and I was sure it would taste of strawberry icing.|||Ant and Dec's testicles. One from each. Tasted the same.|||scorpion ice lolly





had a stingy flavour lol|||When I wasn't veggie I used to eat snails.|||Anglo-Saxon food, my dear. That was really horrible, but the most important thing is with whom you sit around the fire.|||I have eaten frogs legs when i went to France . It tasted like chicken but the fact that it was frogs legs made it sound disguisting .|||Probably, well i have no idea what its called, but it was like this gunkish stuff rapped in a grape leave. It was a project of someones and they passed it around for people to try, and yea i tried it, It was sooooo grossss.|||I'm Chinese, so we have a lot of weird stuff (no, not dog or cat or anything), but pork blood, tripe, shark-head soup.|||neckbones with beans YUCK don't know what animal I think a Chicken but I don't know they were nasty|||Calf Brains...yuck!!|||goats brain and cows tounge.|||Cat.





It tasted like sweet beef.|||Grilled pig anus. Tastes like it sounds. Not good.|||Alligator...When we were in America. It just tasted like gristle! Yuk!|||when i was in aberdeen i had some barn owl stew





not much different to chicken stew really|||BBQ eel sushi. Tasted kinda fishy.|||my toe skin.


i usually bite my big toe's skin off, i mean the thick part. it doesnt hurt and feels nice to chew on.





otherwise i've eaten impala, it's really good.|||Jellyfish at a works banquet in Japan. Odd taste, disgusting texture, no idea why anyone would choose to eat it either.|||Chocolate cover grasshopper and it was really good.|||snails sorry :(|||fried shark at a grocery store sampling table!


nasty!!|||i do believe the weirdest thing i've eaten was pig brains


and i can still remember that taste


YUCK|||ummmmmm a persian food called "fesenjoon"!!! the color was brown and it was made of walnuts, pomegranate, chicken, and it looked just nasty.... it tasted GREAT though it's my fave food now..... it was sweet and sour and very soft.





here's a link to what it looks like


http://www.farhangsara.com/food/fesenjan鈥?/a>|||Duck and shaved leaks in northern France. It was very strange and not all that appetising. Don't think I Would have it again. In that same epoque, I also ate fried pike and this was a strange and singular foodstuff in that it didn't have any taste at all. It was like eating cardboard with cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment